You may have heard in the news recently about the Silicon Valley Bank collapse.
Here is a simple explanation with stories so anyone can understand why it collapsed. Could this happen to our Canadian banks?
In my latest YouTube video and podcast episode, you’ll learn all about bank collapses and the best way to protect your money.
- Three reasons why Silicon Valley Bank collapsed.
- 1980s story showing how matching maturities works.
- Beverly Hillbillies explain why no bank is safe.
- How social media makes your bank less safe.
- What is a “bank run”?
- Wisdom from the musical “Hamilton” that Silicon Valley Bank didn’t follow.
- Can CDIC make your money safe?
- Can government regulations make your money safe?
- What are “capital requirements” and do they make your money safe?
- Is your money safe in a Canadian bank?
- Have Canadian banks failed?
- Understanding different kinds of risks.
I hope you enjoy it!
Planning With Ed
Ed Rempel has helped thousands of Canadians become financially secure. He is a fee-for-service financial planner, tax accountant, expert in many tax & investment strategies, and a popular and passionate blogger.
Ed has a unique understanding of how to be successful financially based on extensive real-life experience, having written nearly 1,000 comprehensive personal financial plans.
The “Planning with Ed” experience is about your life, not just money. Your Financial Plan is the GPS for your life.
Get your plan! Become financially secure and free to live the life you want.