Do you want to be financially secure and free to live the life you want? Ever wonder if there is a cool strategy out there that is perfect for you?
Hi, I’m Ed, your financial guru.
I am a fee-for-service financial planner and an expert in many cool strategies.
The first step is to sit down with you to find out what is really important to you and to help you figure out exactly what you want for your life and your future.
I will prepare your plan for a fee, which means you can be confident my advice is professional and objective. Your plan might include cool strategies for which I am the expert, such as the Smith Manoeuvre, Lifecycle Investing or tax strategies for high incomes, business owners and seniors.
Once you have your written plan, you can implement it yourself, or if you prefer full service, I can refer you to the best financial planner and/or portfolio manager to implement and manage your plan.
The “Planning with Ed” experience is about your life, not just money. People with no interest in finance find it interesting.
A “Unified Financial Plan” from Ed Rempel is not like other financial plans. It is truly personalized, comprehensive, and may include unique ideas or strategies. I have extensive experience from having written nearly 1,000 comprehensive, personalized, financial plans. I have a very creative mind and may come up with unique ideas to help you achieve your life goals.
Once you have your financial plan, you will see the benefit is very significant. Creating your financial plan:
- Will allow you to clearly plan the life you want.
- Will clarify what you need to do to have the future you want. You will know how much you need to save and exactly what is priority.
- The most significant piece is your retirement plan. Your retirement plan will tell you when you can retire with the lifestyle you want.
- Your financial plan will be professionally-prepared and comprehensive, covering all areas of your finances. You will feel in control of your finances and know that all parts are working together.
An in-depth study by CIRANO showed that people that have a financial plan that includes a retirement plan have on average 4.2 times the investments of people without advice (after adjusting for age, income and almost 50 other demographic factors). This is also my experience in seeing the complete finances of thousands of Canadians. People with a plan make the right decisions much more often, have a long term oulook and tend to be far more financially secure. To understand this, please read “2 Things you must Focus on to become Financially Secure”
My fee schedule depends on the complexity of your situation.
Basic “Unified Financial Plan” $2,500 (all inclusive)
- Suitable for most people
Complex “Unified Financial Plan” $3,500+
- Suitable for self-employed with corporations, multiple unique strategies, or maximum growth leverage strategies.
Discussion without a written plan $250 per hour
- Suitable for Millennials or if you have not yet settled into your long term lifestyle.
Full service options for implementing and managing your plan
Once you have your Unified Financial Plan, the key to achieving the security and freedom you want in your life is to manage it by following all the action steps, review it regularly to monitor your progress, and revise it when your life or lifestyle changes.
I have several full service options. Full service includes managing your plan, preparing your personal tax returns and you having a Financial Guru whenever you have any financial question.
- Several options depending on complexity, expertise and services needed.
- Referral options to the Canada’s best investors:
1.All Star Fund Managers
- Suitable for most people. Looking for best long term returns.
- Portfolio of world’s elite fund managers
2. Index Plus Program
- Suitable for people looking for low fee or index investing.
- Portfolio manager charges only .25% plus 20% of return above index.
- Unique pay-for-performance compensation model.
- Track record includes beating the indexes by 3-4%/year.
- Fees are similar to ETFs (lower when you include ETF tracking error) and much lower than robo-advisors. Plus you have a high likelihood of higher returns.
- In non-registered accounts, fees are also fully tax deductible.
Financial planning is probably new to you. You may be unsure of how much benefit you will actually get or whether it will be worthwhile. In the first meeting, you will clearly see where the plan is going and how comprehensive it is. My guarantee is that, if at the end of the first planning meeting you do not see the value for any reason, I will refund 50% of your fee. I will have already spent a lot of time, so we share the risk. You will have learned a lot from the process anyway.
Free 30-Minute Consultation
Want to find out:
- How will I really benefit from a financial plan?
- Is this the right time for me to create my financial plan?
- I know I need help, but which option is best?
- Are we a good fit to work together?
I am very selective on who I take on as a new client. I only want to work with people that are serious about their life goals, that will be open with me, and where we like to work together. I am more concerned about sincerity than size of portfolio, because my clients can build a large portfolio relatively quickly. Find out with a free, no obligation 30-minute consultation.