Should you borrow to invest?
With interest rising 4.5% recently, does it still make sense?
Spoiled with low interest rates so low for many years, leverage seemed so obvious with a credit line at 3% and tax-deductible, while getting the growth of the stock market.
As a fee-for-service financial planner, and an expert on the Smith Manoeuvre strategy and effective investing, my latest podcast episode will give you my insight.
- How to borrow to invest (“leverage”) effectively.
- What happened with leverage in past periods of high interest rates?
- How high can interest rates go & borrowing to invest is still beneficial?
- Rule of thumb for breakeven point of borrowing to invest.
- What is the mindset you need to borrow to invest effectively?
- What is the best tax deduction after RRSP for high income people?
I hope you enjoy it!
Planning With Ed
Ed Rempel has helped thousands of Canadians become financially secure. He is a fee-for-service financial planner, tax accountant, expert in many tax & investment strategies, and a popular and passionate blogger.
Ed has a unique understanding of how to be successful financially based on extensive real-life experience, having written nearly 1,000 comprehensive personal financial plans.
The “Planning with Ed” experience is about your life, not just money. Your Financial Plan is the GPS for your life.
Get your plan! Become financially secure and free to live the life you want.