The Financial Post asked me to review the finances of a 79-year-old woman with $3.77 million in investments, who wants to structure her income to minimize tax.
Retired in 1978, she leased land from her family farm to a local farmer, which became her source of income. After selling the farm, she now lives in British Columbia with other properties and investments.
In this article you’ll learn:
- Her exact investment portfolio.
- Why interest paying investments are not the safest.
- Her annual expenses and passion projects during retirement.
- The best overarching strategy to structure her retirement income & minimize tax.
- The type of investments she should choose to save tax & provide a reliable long-term return.
- How she can reduce her tax from $50,000/year to $5,000/year.
- Why she should create “self-made dividends” for the cash flow she wants.
CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO READ THE ARTICLE BY MARY TERESA BITTI:
Planning With Ed
Ed Rempel has helped thousands of Canadians become financially secure. He is a fee-for-service financial planner, tax accountant, expert in many tax & investment strategies, and a popular and passionate blogger.
Ed has a unique understanding of how to be successful financially based on extensive real-life experience, having written nearly 1,000 comprehensive personal financial plans.
The “Planning with Ed” experience is about your life, not just money. Your Financial Plan is the GPS for your life.
Get your plan! Become financially secure and free to live the life you want.