How to Live Off Your Investments and How Much Do You Need? (Build Wealth Canada Podcast)
I was recently interviewed by Kornel Szrejber on Build Wealth Canada, the podcast that educates Canadians on investing, debt-free living, and how to earn a passive income.
In our interview we discuss:
- How to determine how much you need to be financially independent.
- What are some sustainable withdrawal strategies that you can use to not run out of money when you’re living off your investments?
- Has Ed ever used a variable withdrawal strategy with his clients where the amount withdrawn every year to live off the portfolio varies depending on how the markets did that year?
- For those that don’t feel comfortable going with 100% equities, what does Ed recommend?
- What is the process and calculations that Ed does annually with his clients to ensure that they are withdrawing a sustainable amount from their portfolio every year?
- How to pay less tax here in Canada.
I hope you enjoy it!
Planning With Ed
Ed Rempel has helped thousands of Canadians become financially secure. He is a fee-for-service financial planner, tax accountant, expert in many tax & investment strategies, and a popular and passionate blogger.
Ed has a unique understanding of how to be successful financially based on extensive real-life experience, having written nearly 1,000 comprehensive personal financial plans.
The “Planning with Ed” experience is about your life, not just money. Your Financial Plan is the GPS for your life.
Get your plan! Become financially secure and free to live the life you want.
Interviewer was VERY annoying and repetitive. Could barely finish listening.
Normally I am a fan but, candidly, this kept saying the same thing over and over and over again. Aim for 3-5% and monitor closely.