How much do you need to be financially independent?
That is just one of the many questions posed by Kornel Szrejber of Build Wealth Canada.
He recently interviewed me for his podcast, where I go into depth about financial planning practices I use with my clients, as well as complex tax questions.
You can watch the YouTube video or listen to the podcast episode to learn:
- How much you need to be financially independent and retiring with the lifestyle you want, along with the process to figure this out.
- Sustainable withdrawal strategies that you can use to not run out of money when you’re living off your investments.
- How to pay less tax here in Canada.
- If Ed has ever used some type of variable withdrawal strategy with his clients where the amount withdrawn every year varies depending on how the markets did that year.
- If Ed has done any sort of variable withdrawal strategies using a spending ceiling and floor for the year.
- For those that don’t feel comfortable going with 100% equities, what Ed recommends.
- The process and calculations to ensure that you are withdrawing a sustainable amount from your portfolio every year.
- Why it’s important to work one-on-one with a financial planner.
- How to properly set up your portfolio and manage your income when you retire.
Planning With Ed
Ed Rempel has helped thousands of Canadians become financially secure. He is a fee-for-service financial planner, tax accountant, expert in many tax & investment strategies, and a popular and passionate blogger.
Ed has a unique understanding of how to be successful financially based on extensive real-life experience, having written nearly 1,000 comprehensive personal financial plans.
The “Planning with Ed” experience is about your life, not just money. Your Financial Plan is the GPS for your life.
Get your plan! Become financially secure and free to live the life you want.