In November 2022 I was a speaker at the Canadian Financial Summit. It is Canada’s #1 online financial summit.
Kornel Szrejber who runs the event & the Build Wealth Canada podcast, did a Live Q&A with me for exclusive access pass holders.
He gave me a link to this private event, so I could share with my clients and social media followers.
Here are some of the questions that I answered during the Q&A:
- Tax implications of an “in trust” account for your child.
- What impact does high inflation have on retirement plans vs. two years ago.
- What should you do if your RRSP contribution room has been maxed?
- Given the popularity of passive indexing strategies, is this an issue with future returns?
- When you elect the minimum on your registered retirement income fund (RRIF), can you then take out more?
- What is the difference between a RRIF and a LIF (Life Income Fund)?
- Should you create a medical budget for after you retire?
- The best way to do the Smith Manoeuvre.
- Which version of the Smith Manoeuvre is recommended for someone with a high risk tolerance?
- How to build confidence as a DIY investor to trust a financial planner to find All Star Fund Managers for me.
- Are there any tax strategies for highest-bracket earners, beyond just vanilla RRSP?
Planning With Ed
Ed Rempel has helped thousands of Canadians become financially secure. He is a fee-for-service financial planner, tax accountant, expert in many tax & investment strategies, and a popular and passionate blogger.
Ed has a unique understanding of how to be successful financially based on extensive real-life experience, having written nearly 1,000 comprehensive personal financial plans.
The “Planning with Ed” experience is about your life, not just money. Your Financial Plan is the GPS for your life.
Get your plan! Become financially secure and free to live the life you want.