There are many articles on this site, but a few that I believe are the most important. They can have the biggest impact on your life.
My goal with this blog is to help you become successful financially through knowledge.
The single most important thing is that the benefits of financial planning are much bigger than you think. Financial planning is life planning. You decide how you want to live now and in your future. You decide what to do with your money and what strategies to do. Your financial plan makes your financial decisions clear.
There is a reason that people who plan their finances are many times wealthier than people who don’t. It’s not about investment rate of return. It’s about how much you invest, how important it is to you and making smart decisions.
Financial planning is fun once you get into it. Even for people not very interested in finance, when you realize you are planning your life, it’s fun!
A great start is to watch my 50-minute video: “The 6 Steps to Become Financially Independent”. It is an overview of what you really need to know to become financially independent. There is a ton to know about money, so I tried to put the few things you really need to know to be financially successful in one video. This is a ‘must see’ video with the core of my experience. It’s as long as one TV show and definitely worth your time.
These articles are the core of my philosophy. Read the full article, or look at the top for the whiteboard video summary.
My suggestion for you is to watch this playlist of all 17 whiteboard video summaries and then read the full articles that interest you:
Playlist of all 17 whiteboard video summaries
1. Importance of Your Financial Plan:
- When can I Retire with the Lifestyle I Want?
- 2 Things you must Focus on to become Financially Secure
- What’s Important About Money to You?
- Importance of One Financial Planner
- Financial Advice or Financial Quackery?
- Why Don’t Most Financial Planners Plan Finances?
2. Effective Outlook for Success:
- Is Your Money Safe OR Secure?
- Can you be confident in the stock market?
- 3 Principles of Successful Investors – Part 1
- 3 Principles of Successful Investors – Part 2
- How to Reliably Maximize Your Retirement Income – Is the “4% Rule” Safe?
- The 6 Best Strategies to Minimize Tax on Your Retirement Income (Video)
- TFSA vs. RRSP – Cutting through the Confusion
- Should I start my CPP early? – Real-Life Examples
- Should I Delay CPP & OAS Until Age 70? – Complete Answer with Real-Life Examples
- The Smith Manoeuvre – Is your mortgage tax deductible
- Rempel Maximum – 5 Steps to Becoming a Multi-Millionaire
- The Ultimate Strategy for Millennials – Lifecycle Investing
- Make Your Retirement Comfortable with the “8-Year GIS Strategy”
- How to Easily Outperform Investment Advisors & Robo-Advisors (Article)
- How to Easily Outperform Investment Advisors & Robo-Advisors (Podcast)
- The High Risk of Bonds
- Above Index Returns – How to Beat the Index
- Self-Made Dividends – Dividend Investing Perfected
If you think you might need some help to achieve your life goals, I have a ton of experience & unconventional wisdom and provide personalized, unbiased, comprehensive advice. Our fees are fully transparent.
Our services & fees are explained here:
“To have unconventional success, you can’t be guided by conventional wisdom.” -David Swenson
Watch this playlist of all 17 whiteboard video summaries and then read the full articles that interest you: