Top 10 Money Myths That Block Your Financial Freedom
Top 10 Money Myths That Block Your Financial Freedom.
This is one of my favourite topics.
Most ideas that people believe about money are just not true or not optimal.
My blog, Unconventional Wisdom, is about all the things I’ve learned over the years from my experience writing thousands of financial plans and reading hundreds of books.
Mark Twain said it: “It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so.“
In this week’s video I go in-depth on each myth and debunk them with facts about what works and what doesn’t to create wealth in your life.
Watch to find out:
- The Top 10 Money Myths.
- Myth # 1: Wealthy people have nice cars, homes and vacations.
- Myth # 2: The economy helps you predict the stock market.
- Myth # 3: Risk is your investments going down.
- Myth # 4: Your risk tolerance is part of who you are.
- Myth # 5: You are “smart money”.
- Myth # 6: Asset allocation is effective investing.
- Myth # 7: You can reduce risk/volatility, without reducing returns.
- Myth # 8: Stock market returns are random.
- Myth # 9: Crypto or Day Trading is effective investing.
- Myth # 10: Real estate returns are as high as stocks.
I hope you enjoy it!
Planning With Ed
Ed Rempel has helped thousands of Canadians become financially secure. He is a fee-for-service financial planner, tax accountant, expert in many tax & investment strategies, and a popular and passionate blogger.
Ed has a unique understanding of how to be successful financially based on extensive real-life experience, having written nearly 1,000 comprehensive personal financial plans.
The “Planning with Ed” experience is about your life, not just money. Your Financial Plan is the GPS for your life.
Get your plan! Become financially secure and free to live the life you want.
Thanks as always Ed! I never seem to tire of hearing the wisdom you first offered us about 18 years ago when your ad in a local paper connected us and the ensuing steps gave us the retirement lifestyle we have enjoyed for over 12 years now.