What burning financial question is on your mind? What topic(s) would you like me to tackle next?
I post a video or article on my blog, YouTube & my email list every Thursday and try to make it as relevant to you as I can. I am asking you now to find out what is most relevant for you.
Let me tell you a bit about me and our practice, to help you get ideas of what you would like to ask.
Many bloggers struggle with figuring out topics, but I have the opposite issue – too many topics. I have literally hundreds of topics in my head that I would like to post about. Which topic is relevant to you now?
I have a knowledgeable opinion on almost any financial topic. It’s usually unconventional wisdom based on my experience. I have written more than 1,000 comprehensive Financial Plans for clients, which has given me a deep insight into what really works.
I have the knowledge & experience to give you insights. I am a Certified Financial Planner (CFP Professional) and CPA tax accountant.
Most people have never seen a retirement plan and don’t know how much they will need for the retirement they want. Of course, it makes a huge difference if you want to retire on $10,000/month or $2,000/month, or at age 50 or age 65. You can’t separate your life from your money, so your Financial Plan is really your life plan.
Our “interactive” software allows our clients to quickly see what they would have to do to retire in many different scenarios, so they can decide on a life that is both reasonably doable for them and a comfortable enough retirement. From 1,000s of Financial Plans, I know what usually works and what doesn’t.
We are experts in many effective strategies that can be a huge help to make your life plan work, such as:
- Smith Manoeuvre – Convert your mortgage to tax-deductible over time, while investing for your retirement without using your cash flow. Often adding the Smith Manoeuvre into a Financial Plan is the difference to make it work. We are Canada’s experts in all 7 different Smith Manoeuvre strategies.
- Lifecycle Investing – Ultimate strategy for Millennials.
- Rempel Maximum – Maximum growth strategy without affecting your cash flow. #1 strategy for growth-focused & high risk tolerance.
- RRSP Gross- up Strategy – Increase your RRSP contributions up to 67% without using your cash flow.
- Cash Dam – Use your non-incorporated business or rental property to make your mortgage tax deductible.
- 8-Year GIS Strategy – Get $105,000 tax-free in higher government pensions if you have low income or can plan for a low taxable income. Lots of creativity needed to make this work.
We are tax experts and figure out how you can pay the least tax throughout your life. Tax is cool because it’s a guaranteed savings (unlike investments). If we tell you that you will save $5,000 in tax, you can be sure of that figure.
We invest with 2 elite portfolio managers that both have track records outperforming their indexes over time. Together with our portfolio managers, we are experts in investing with the world’s top All Star Fund Managers. Seeing what the world’s best investors do is cool! They give us confidence we will get the long-term return we need in our Financial Plans.
Our other portfolio manager is an Index Plus portfolio manager. Paid mainly based on how much he beats the index. Low base fee like an ETF. Index investing, except good chance to beat the index.
If you have been following me, you know my insights are based on experience and often very different from the conventional wisdom. Read the rest. Then check out my blog & YouTube to find out what really works.
I hope that was helpful to give you ideas. Tell me:
- What topics would you like me to do next?
- What is your financial question?
- What do you think about or worry about related to money?
- What do you not understand?
- What are you doing that you are not confident is optimal?
- Are you confident you will retire with the lifestyle you want?
- Are you confident your investments will provide the return you need for your desired goals?
- One more thing: Do you prefer to watch or read my posts?
You can leave your comment below this blog post or YouTube video, or email me if you are on my email list. If you want to leave an anonymous question, you can do it on my blog below this post.
Planning With Ed
Ed Rempel has helped thousands of Canadians become financially secure. He is a fee-for-service financial planner, tax accountant, expert in many tax & investment strategies, and a popular and passionate blogger.
Ed has a unique understanding of how to be successful financially based on extensive real-life experience, having written nearly 1,000 comprehensive personal financial plans.
The “Planning with Ed” experience is about your life, not just money. Your Financial Plan is the GPS for your life.
Get your plan! Become financially secure and free to live the life you want.