Unconventional Wisdom YouTube Channel
Welcome to the Unconventional Wisdom YouTube Page. The show about the most effective methods to achieve financial security & freedom. Find out what really works. Insights are based on in-depth experience - from a fee-for-service financial planner, tax accountant, Canada’s #1 financial planner blogger & your host, Ed Rempel.
This channel is about achieving financial freedom & security in real life. It’s often very different from what most people talk about. Few financial planners actually write detailed Financial Plans. I have written more than 1,000 professional, custom Financial Plans, and worked with many clients to achieve their life goals. You can listen to everyone else – and then come here to find out what works in real life. Unconventional wisdom – based on experience.
This channel has unconventional wisdom insights on many topics. Some of my favourite topics are:
- How to set & achieve your financial goals and achieve what you really want in life.
- FIRE – How to achieve financial independence & retire early.
- The outlook & attitude you need for financial success.
- Many topics on how you can minimize tax over your lifetime.
- Effective strategies that can be a huge benefit for you, such as the Smith Manoeuvre, Rempel Maximum, Lifecycle Investing, RRSP Top-ups, RRSP Catch-up Strategy & the 8-year GIS Strategy.
- How to set up a reliable retirement income with the least tax & most government benefits.
- How to invest for returns above the indexes.
- How to easily outperform investment advisors & robo-advisors.
- Money myths that block your financial freedom.
- Any interesting financial planning topic. I take requests.
“Unconventional Wisdom YouTube Channel”
I plan to post one every Thursday. Be the first to hear my new Unconventional Wisdom posts. Subscribe to my blog, YouTube channel or podcast.
My videos are purely educational & the only source for most of this unconventional wisdom. Please help me get the message out:
- Subscribe to my blog, YouTube channel & podcast. Get my new videos sent directly to your email.
- Give the videos a like (“thumbs up”)!
- Share my YouTube channel & episodes with your friends.
My services & costs: edrempel.com/help
Request a free 30-minute consultation: edrempel.com/talk
Ask your question or feedback: edrempel.com/feedback
See you next week!
Financial freedom. It is what we really want. You need a Retirement Plan to get there. It will not happen on its own. Creating your Retirement Plan is fun. It makes you wealthier. It’s not about your money – it’s about your life. Prefer an overview? Like videos? Check out our whiteboard video, or read the full post below! The most common questions I am asked are about retirement and financial freedom. For example: Jonathan (age 29) – I want to retire very young and very comfortably. How can I achieve that? Emma (age 34) – What do I have to do…Read More
What is the Smith Manoeuvre and how do you do it the right way? The Smith Manoeuvre is a strategy where you borrow against your home to invest for your retirement. It converts your mortgage over time into a tax deductible credit line. To do it the right way, there are three key points:Read More
Number 3 on our list of things on which Canadians waste the most money is 5-year fixed mortgages. They are marketed as being safe and a good protection against a sharp rise in interest rates. The reality, though, is that they are nearly always a huge waste money, they limit your flexibility and result in losing your negotiating power for 5 long years. That is why we call it the “5-Year Fixed Mortgage Trap”. Read more…Read More
Why do you invest with “All Star Fund Managers”? When you’re planning for your future, you need to have a sound investment strategy that gives you confidence that you will eventually have the retirement you want. The best way to understand this is with a hockey analogy.Read More