Well-written article on Biz TV.
Unconventional wisdom. So many Canadians limit their financial future because of beliefs they have that are simply not true or are not optimal.
- Myths about the stock market lead Canadians to invest too conservatively to achieve their life goals.
- Myths about retirement planning leave them far short when they retire.
- Myths about the economy lead to short-sighted investing errors.
- Myths about financial security lead to overly cautious decisions.
- Myths about mortgages lead to wasting money on higher interest.
- Myths about insurance lead to wasting money on unnecessary coverage.
- Myths about bear markets lead to selling investments at the worst time.
- Myths about advice leave Canadians struggling on their own unwilling to look for help.
Conventional Nonsense can be funny when you see how many people believe the myths.
“It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so.” (Mark Twain)
Read the Biz TV article here.