The Financial Post asked me to review the finances of a woman who wants to retire in seven years, at the age of 65.
Unfortunately her current investments won’t get her to the magic number of $1 million that she believes is necessary to leave work.
With the lifestyle she imagines at retirement and the expenses she has, she will need more money than that to retire with a life she’ll enjoy.
What should she do? In the article, you’ll learn about the different life options and investment strategies she can take to achieve a comfortable retirement.
- Why do many advisors think the “magic $1 million” is enough to retire?
- Is $1 million a lot of money?
- What she hopes to spend for monthly expenses and annual vacations once retired.
- How much does she need to retire with the lifestyle she wants?
- What 3 options does she have to retire comfortably?
- Her current investment portfolio and how much is in each.
- What investments are most effective for her retirement?
CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO READ THE ARTICLE BY MARY TERESA BITTI:
Planning With Ed
Ed Rempel has helped thousands of Canadians become financially secure. He is a fee-for-service financial planner, tax accountant, expert in many tax & investment strategies, and a popular and passionate blogger.
Ed has a unique understanding of how to be successful financially based on extensive real-life experience, having written nearly 1,000 comprehensive personal financial plans.
The “Planning with Ed” experience is about your life, not just money. Your Financial Plan is the GPS for your life.
Get your plan! Become financially secure and free to live the life you want.